Friday 14 August 2009

WHILE YOU WAIT ...

Now that my bulletins never come ... I thought you might need some reading matter. So may I suggest ...


I had a little something to do with this new book. It's out this week. I should be sipping champagne with John Harms this coming Thursday night at the launch in Melbourne, but alas I will be turning the Eaglet's dirty socks in the right way before I stuff them in the washing machine and pouring over empty writing notebooks ...

All contributors have been given pseudonyms but you might find a bit of a clue, as to who (else) I am, here (thanks for the tip, Mark). I haven't seen the fully finished product yet, but from my dealings with Joy and John, I imagine it will make amusing reading.

Also, esteemed tipster and valued (on time) columnist, Richard the Tigerheart, sent me this on the 29th July. It seems appropriate that I post it after the weekend that has just been.

A Family of Collingwood supporters head out one Saturday morning to do their Christmas shoplifting. While in Rebel Sports the son picks up a Richmond footy jumper and says to his 10 year old sister, "I've decided to become a Tiger supporter and I would like this for Christmas". His sister, outraged by this, promptly whacks him round the head with her carton of Winfields and says, 'Go talk to Mum'.

Off goes the little lad with the Richmond footy jumper in hand and finds his mother. 'Mum?' 'Yes son?' 'I've decided I'm going to be a Tiger supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas'. The mother is outraged at this and throws her moccasins and a full stubbie of VB at him, promptly whacks him around the head and says, 'Lets go talk to your father'.

Off they go to Pentridge during visiting hours with footy jumper in hand and find Bubba, his father. 'Dad?' 'Yes son?' 'I've decided I'm going to be a Richmond supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas'. The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head with his fists and says, 'No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT', and then kicks him from one end of the rec. room to the other for further good measure.

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home. The mother turns to her son and says 'Son, I hope you've learned something today?' The son says, 'Yes, Knackers, I have.' 'Good son, what is it?'

The son replies, 'I've only been a Richmond supporter for an hour and already I hate you Collingwood bastards.'

No comments:

Post a Comment