Friday 17 June 2011

Keep On Truckin' (or Busin')



Okay, so I have four half bulletins finished. The weeks fly by too quickly and old news is … old news. I will attempt a fully finished version this weekend. I have been out of form, I know. Not pulling my weight, playing my role. I should be dropped, I know. I can hear the coaches whispering.

In the meantime, let us think on the use of buses in the modern day game. The Tigers returned to Melbourne on the bus last week and just this morning, the Gold Coasters had to get to Launceston by bus. The Tigers played cards. The Coasters sang tunes. It could become a trend.

You might like to read this lovely interview with Robert Murphy’s parents. Murphy is playing his 200th game this weekend and, as one of the idols of the backpocket, I salute him.

You might also enjoy John Harms’ meditation on the link between beer and football and the modern bloke's identity crisis.

And the quote of the week goes to Collingwood's Heath Shaw:
‘You aim for perfection and if you don’t strive for it, you fall short.’

No comments:

Post a Comment