Wednesday 7 September 2011

AND THE RUNNER UP IS ...



In his own words, here is the perspective of one half of the J@TS, Tony, on the narrow defeat:

'As for the final round?

Mostly I marvel at how tough it is to win the backpocket. You can't just fall over the line. You gotta actively win it and that's what happened. Our congratulations and respect go to the Snouthlings. I was toey all week and feared all week that J@TS most definitely did not have it in the bag. Mostly I feared Gai &David whose spectacular margin score from the previous week had put them a zephyr behind on 3 margin points and one win. If we faltered we were gone. And with one hand on the backpocket I think I did go conservative (although there were some nasty 50/50 games).

I say "I" went conservative as Joey (the J in J@TS) quite firmly wanted Port over Melbourne (I made us go Melb); just as the previous week (I think) he firmly wanted Swans over Geelong (I made us pick Geelong). This almost makes up for when I said Bombers and he said Swans (and he picked Swans). You may recall Bombers won by a point. All Tipping Duos will understand those vignettes. And interestingly Duos (of various hues) made up at least the top 3 places this year. What does that say?

So roll on 2012. And ponder this over the off season ... what margin will you take the first time GWS front up on the Friday night?'

No comments:

Post a Comment