Tuesday 15 May 2012

RESULTS - Round 7


So they say Round 7 is pretty much an indication of where the teams will sit in (or out) of the top 8 at the end of Round 23. Lucky Round 7!

Which bodes well for Patrick. No sooner has he flown the crest of the earth's surface and landed himself in Birmingham, than he reclaims the top spot. Patrick gives new meaning to 'under the radar'.

As ousted top, I have had to come to terms with the fact that I paid for safety, a position that has never come naturally to me in tipping. Luckily I have someone to blame. My yoga teacher since I was 19, my Guru, my lighthouse, ex champion - Peter - sent me an interesting email during the week: 'Strategically I think its interesting ... leading ... you can afford to take the safe picks and let the others make the mistakes I think ...' I sat down to the tipping page thinking Crows, Bombers (at least!) but turned to the safe options, Cats and Cokesters, Peter's wisdom ringing in my ears. My reward was to spend all of Monday inconsolable that leadership seems to incite timidity, seems to curb creativity.

A huge salute to Richard who, when most of us floundered in the 5 or below category, struck out with a mighty 7, top place in the round and a 10 place hike from 25 to 15. And all on the back of the Tigers' mighty roar against the Swans. 

In other news, Lucas (another Tiger amongst us) jumped 5 to sit in the hallowed 19th spot. He confessed on the way to Under 8s on Saturday morning that he had, however, tipped the Swans. As Patrick rose 3 to the top, Paul fell 3 and out of the top 10.

And now we turn to Indigenous Round, the 30 years in Sydney celebration match for the Swans and ... another week without Goodes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment